Video tutorial & screenshots
The following review written by one of the Software Informer contributors applies to version 2.1
Driver Fusion is a comprehensive and powerful driver management solution. It’s meant to help you install, uninstall, backup, restore, download, update, and fix drivers with ease.
Driver Fusion can keep your computer in a good health when it comes to its drivers, as it can update outdated drivers or detect and install the missing ones. It also comes with a powerful cloud-based removal engine that can thoroughly clean after uninstalled drivers to ensure no files, registry entries, or other traces are left behind, as they can affect the installation of new drivers or cause various system errors.
Though it’s a powerful tool that offers a lot of handy features, I couldn’t properly enjoy using it because of its confusing interface. Though it looks modern and elegant, the interface is rather unintuitive, making the main functionality areas of the program hard to identify and to access. Furthermore, after every driver scan, when I accessed other areas of the interface, the scan results were deleted, forcing me to re-scan the drivers. I don’t know if it was a bug or an intended feature, but it’s very annoying, ineffective and counterproductive. In its current state, I can’t properly evaluate this utility, therefore I can’t recommend it either. It looked very promising in the beginning, but it turned out to be quite disappointing.
- Can backup and restore drivers and other system settings and features.
- Custom filters.
- Keeps a history of the maintenance actions.
- Confusing interface.
- The scan results are reset every time a different function is accessed.
What's new in version 2.5
- Health check - Community suggested feature - You can now exclude a device or available driver in health check. This enables you to keep the current driver if you know that the driver is fine as is.
- Device control & health check - Improved the performance of retrieving device properties on Windows Vista and higher.
- Reporting - Added a report that you can send to Treexy for diagnostic purposes.
- Localization - Improved the Chinese (Simplified) translation.
- [Premium] Reporting - The reporting feature has been moved from device control to settings.
- Health check - The additional driver information, such as the provider and release date, can now be accessed directly instead of through the tooltip of the driver.
- Starting - Improved the startup time of Driver Fusion by about 10%.
- Interface - The settings menu has been redesign for consistency.
- Interface - All links are now colored to make them more distinguishable.
- Interface - Most interface elements in health check and driver families now change their background color when you hover over them.
- Interface - Localized dates could in some cases not display in accordance with the regional settings of Windows.
- Interface - Adding a new outdated driver in health check could occasionally cause the interface to stop responding for a short time.
What's new in version 2.2
Interface - Health check and driver family now show progress in the taskbar of Windows 7 and higher.
[Premium] Health check - The tooltip of the driver now includes the Windows error message when the driver install fails.
[Premium] Device control - Added a driver backup failed message in case the backup failed.
[Premium] Device control - The message shown when a driver install fails now includes the Windows error message.
[Premium] Device control - Added the authenticode information of the driver to driver overview.
[Premium] Device control - Community suggested feature - You can now also backup online drivers instead of only installed drivers. This enables you to download a driver without being forced to immediately install the driver.
[Premium] Settings - Community suggested feature - A new setting has been added so that a minimum driver signature can be selected for the drivers that are downloadable through health check or device control. The available options are none, signed, authenticode verified by a trusted publisher, authenticode, and WHQL.
Driver families - Added new categories and devices with a lot of new driver family entries to clean, such as devices and peripherals from Razer, Mad Catz, Synaptics, Dell, Epson, Lexmark, Kyocera, Brother and Canon. The existing driver families also have been greatly improved by adding a large number of new driver family entries.
Interface - All screens are now loaded asynchronous and do not block the user interface anymore during loading.
Interface - Longer lasting tasks, such as the health check and driver family scan, can now be cancelled.
Filters - Added a filter to show custom, existing or all filters.
Localization - Added 11 new languages: Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) with special thanks to D. Hsieh, Yoruba (Nigeria), Punjabi (India), Nepali (Nepal), Maori (New Zealand), Lao (Lao P.D.R.), Khmer (Cambodia), Igbo (Nigeria), Hausa (Latin, Nigeria), Bosnian (Latin, Bosnia and Herzegovina), Mongolian (Cyrillic, Mongolia), and Marathi (India).
Health check - The tooltip of the driver now includes the provider, release date, version, and signature.
Health check - Changed the cursor of the driver backup destination icon to a pointer to better indicate that it is clickable.
What's new in version 1.6
-Monitor - The monitor feature gives you insight into your computer sensors, such as power usage, temperature and clock speed. The majority of devices from Intel, AMD and NVIDIA can be monitored.
-Steamworks - We added Steamworks integration for the upcoming release on Steam.
-In-app update - Improved downloading algorithm for the updated files.
-Social media - Added Facebook and Twitter buttons to the about screen.
-Interface - The setting screens now automatically add vertical scrollbars when there is not enough horizontal space available.
-Premium information redesign - The screen that is shown to free users when a feature is premium only has been redesigned for Steamworks integration.
-Starting/closing - Several issues that caused Driver Fusion to close unintentionally.
-Connectivity indication - The connectivity indication would incorrectly show internet access on some systems.
-Interface - Dragging Driver Fusion would occasionally freeze Driver Fusion.
This official description applies to version 2.5
Driver Fusion is a complete device and driver solution for your PC that can manage and monitor your devices and their drivers. You can install and uninstall drivers with Driver Fusion, including the ability to backup, restore and download drivers with ease.
Leave a comment