Video tutorial & screenshots
This review applies to version 2.6.
The latest version of this software will soon be reviewed by our
Driver Fusion is a feature-rich driver management solution created to help you easily perform various driver-related operations like install, uninstall, backup, restore, download, update, and fix drivers.
By updating the outdated drivers, fixing broken ones, or detecting and installing the missing ones, you can maintain your computer functioning smoothly and without errors, as the drivers are a very important part of any system’s performance level.
In my opinion, the best thing about this utility is its effective cloud-based removal engine that can thoroughly clean after uninstalled drivers and make sure that absolutely no files, registry entries, or other traces are left behind to mess up the installation of the new or the updating of the existing ones.
Anyway, as I mentioned for the previous versions of this otherwise handy tool, its interface could use a serious overhaul, as in its current form, it seems rather confusing and unintuitive. Another problem that I previously mentioned for the older versions of this tool, the fact that scan results were deleted every time I was accessing other areas of the interface, is unfortunately still there.
To sum it all up, this tool might be handy and powerful, but until it gets the interface refurbishing that I consider being so bad needed, I can only keep on delaying recommending it.
- The cloud-powered removal engine that can delete the driver entries that are left behind by the normal uninstallers.
- Can backup or restore the desktop icon layout.
- Custom filters.
- Unintuitive interface.
- The scan results are reset every time a different function is accessed.
What's new in version 2.5
- Health check - Community suggested feature - You can now exclude a device or available driver in health check. This enables you to keep the current driver if you know that the driver is fine as is.
- Device control & health check - Improved the performance of retrieving device properties on Windows Vista and higher.
- Reporting - Added a report that you can send to Treexy for diagnostic purposes.
- Localization - Improved the Chinese (Simplified) translation.
- [Premium] Reporting - The reporting feature has been moved from device control to settings.
- Health check - The additional driver information, such as the provider and release date, can now be accessed directly instead of through the tooltip of the driver.
- Starting - Improved the startup time of Driver Fusion by about 10%.
- Interface - The settings menu has been redesign for consistency.
- Interface - All links are now colored to make them more distinguishable.
- Interface - Most interface elements in health check and driver families now change their background color when you hover over them.
- Interface - Localized dates could in some cases not display in accordance with the regional settings of Windows.
- Interface - Adding a new outdated driver in health check could occasionally cause the interface to stop responding for a short time.
What's new in version 2.2
Interface - Health check and driver family now show progress in the taskbar of Windows 7 and higher.
[Premium] Health check - The tooltip of the driver now includes the Windows error message when the driver install fails.
[Premium] Device control - Added a driver backup failed message in case the backup failed.
[Premium] Device control - The message shown when a driver install fails now includes the Windows error message.
[Premium] Device control - Added the authenticode information of the driver to driver overview.
[Premium] Device control - Community suggested feature - You can now also backup online drivers instead of only installed drivers. This enables you to download a driver without being forced to immediately install the driver.
[Premium] Settings - Community suggested feature - A new setting has been added so that a minimum driver signature can be selected for the drivers that are downloadable through health check or device control. The available options are none, signed, authenticode verified by a trusted publisher, authenticode, and WHQL.
Driver families - Added new categories and devices with a lot of new driver family entries to clean, such as devices and peripherals from Razer, Mad Catz, Synaptics, Dell, Epson, Lexmark, Kyocera, Brother and Canon. The existing driver families also have been greatly improved by adding a large number of new driver family entries.
Interface - All screens are now loaded asynchronous and do not block the user interface anymore during loading.
Interface - Longer lasting tasks, such as the health check and driver family scan, can now be cancelled.
Filters - Added a filter to show custom, existing or all filters.
Localization - Added 11 new languages: Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) with special thanks to D. Hsieh, Yoruba (Nigeria), Punjabi (India), Nepali (Nepal), Maori (New Zealand), Lao (Lao P.D.R.), Khmer (Cambodia), Igbo (Nigeria), Hausa (Latin, Nigeria), Bosnian (Latin, Bosnia and Herzegovina), Mongolian (Cyrillic, Mongolia), and Marathi (India).
Health check - The tooltip of the driver now includes the provider, release date, version, and signature.
Health check - Changed the cursor of the driver backup destination icon to a pointer to better indicate that it is clickable.
What's new in version 1.6
-Monitor - The monitor feature gives you insight into your computer sensors, such as power usage, temperature and clock speed. The majority of devices from Intel, AMD and NVIDIA can be monitored.
-Steamworks - We added Steamworks integration for the upcoming release on Steam.
-In-app update - Improved downloading algorithm for the updated files.
-Social media - Added Facebook and Twitter buttons to the about screen.
-Interface - The setting screens now automatically add vertical scrollbars when there is not enough horizontal space available.
-Premium information redesign - The screen that is shown to free users when a feature is premium only has been redesigned for Steamworks integration.
-Starting/closing - Several issues that caused Driver Fusion to close unintentionally.
-Connectivity indication - The connectivity indication would incorrectly show internet access on some systems.
-Interface - Dragging Driver Fusion would occasionally freeze Driver Fusion.
Driver Fusion is the complete device and driver solution for your PC that can manage and monitor your devices and their drivers. You can install and uninstall drivers with Driver Fusion, including the ability to backup, restore and download drivers with ease. Furthermore, you can disable, enable and restart devices while Windows is running. With our cloud-powered removal engine you can delete the driver entries that are left behind by the normal uninstallers, which is especially useful when you are updating a driver or changing a device.
In addition, Driver Fusion can help you to identify devices that Windows does not recognize, generate a device and driver report, backup and restore your desktop icons and screen resolution, or read the sensor values of your devices. Driver Fusion provides you with all the information that you need to know about your devices and their drivers, allowing you to detect and solve problems or simply find your computer specifications in one place.
Leave a comment